Please join us in worship this Sunday, March 15th, at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series for Lent: Living the Hard Sayings of Jesus
Sermon on March 15th: 490 times
Did Jesus really mean we had to keep track and forgive only 490 times? Surely forgiveness isn’t that legalistic. What does it mean to live forgiveness for others? Lets see this Sunday.
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (Matthew 18:21-22)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- March 15: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- March 15: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- March 53: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Hamburger Helper & Chunky Soups
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- March 15: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 201 sermons available. More information
- March 15-March 23: Sign up for the Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt. More information
- March 15-April 15: Sign up for Mulch, delivered by the Pender Men. More information
- March 15: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- March 15: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- March 15: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- March 15: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- March 15: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- March 15: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- March 15: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- March 15: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- March 15: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- March 15: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information