Please join us this Sunday, June 21, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series: STORIES
June 21 – Annual Conference Sunday. “Father Knows Best”
Using Romans 8:18-25 as a base, we will take a closer look at the significance of Father’s Day from a variety of perspectives – most importantly, God’s. Thom Jones will be preaching at 8:15 and 11:00am
9:30 Contemporary Service: Our very own Angie Green will be preaching at our 9:30 service on Joshua 1:6-9:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
What is the Annual Conference?
An Annual Conference is a regional body that governs much of the life of the “Connectional Church.” Sound confusing? We agree. Chuck will try to make sense of “Annual Conferences” when he makes a conference call.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- June 21: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- June 21: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- June 21: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Salad Dressing & Condiments
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- June 21: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 221 sermons available. More information
- June 21-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers. There is a waitlist available. Music Camp will run from July 6-10, 2015 in the afternoon.
- June 21: Philippi West Virginia mission trip permissions forms. More information
- June 21: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- June 21: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- June 21: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- June 21: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- June 21: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- June 21: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- June 21: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- June 21: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- June 21: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- June 21: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information