Pender’s ReGift Thrift Store Board is currently looking for an assistant manager. Qualifications for this position and its duties are set forth below.
Resumes should be sent to (David Cacner at firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Wednesday 11 June 2014 by 6:00 pm.
A resume in electronic form is preferred, however, hard copy resumes can be mailed or delivered to the Pender ReGift Thrift Store (4447-C Brookfield Corp Dr., Chantilly, VA 20151) and received by 6:00 pm Wednesday 11 June 2014.
If you would like more information, please visit Pender’s website at www.penderumc.org/regift.
Assistant Manager, Pender ReGift Thrift Store
Position Type: Regular, Non-Exempt Part Time PRTS Employee
Work Hours: Regular schedule of 20 hours per week to support store operations;
The Assistant Store Manager is a resource to the Store Manger. Both will mutually agree on the work schedule one or more weeks in advance, or on an emergency basis as needed.
Supervisor: PRTS Store Manager
· To have a commitment to the PRTS mission and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Ability to be accountable to and take direction from the Store Manager and to be responsible for the store operations in his/her absence.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move furniture.
· Managing and organizing warehouse inventory for proper sale and display
· Overseeing donations from the back door and volunteers in the sorting areas;
· Assigning tasks to volunteers and monitoring performance
· Maintaining attractive and clean displays in the store front and warehouse.
· Maintaining/cleaning of showroom, warehouse, and bathrooms
· Price and sort goods in coordination with store manager
· Generate price tags and maintain tag inventory
· Determining wise use of space by season and donations.
· Receiving all donations at back door and providing receipts
· Performing cashier duties, including daily register opening and closing activities as needed
· Maintaining excellent customer service
· Attend all staff meetings as requested
· Work in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator for recruitment and training volunteers
· In addition to the above in the absence of the store manager, perform store opening and closing activities and processing of client letters.
Maximum hours compensated – 20 hrs/wk. Additional hours may be required in the absence of Thrift Store Manager. Additional hours shall only be paid with the advance approval of the Store Manger.
Effective: June 1, 2014