This Sunday, June 19th, is Father’s Day. Our Pastors will still be away at the Annual Conference. God has blessed us 3 gifted people from our congregation who will be preaching in their place at our worship services:
8:15 Javaid Haroon – “Father’s Day”
Scripture: Matthew 6:9, Exodus 20:12
9:30 Angie Green – “What’s So Wrong with Wanting to be Right?”
Scripture: Micah 6:6-8
11:00 David Raich – ” ’68 Pontiac Grandville Convertible”
Scripture: Ephesians 6:4, Psalm 136:2
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to 291 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- June 19: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- June 19: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- June 19: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Breakfast Foods (Syrup, Pancake Mix, breakfast bars, etc.)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- June 19: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 291 sermons available. More information
- June 19: Shop using AmazonSmiles AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- June 19: Registration is open for Summer Sports Recreation Camp. More information
- June 19: Registration is open for Philippi. More information
- June 19: Vacation Bible School (VBS). Registration is at capacity! Please contact Ann Hines with any questions. More information
- June 19: Volunteer to help with Vacation Bible School (VBS). More information
- June 19: Volunteer to help with Music Camp. More information
- June 19: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- June 19: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- June 19: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- June 19: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- June 19: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- June 19: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- June 19: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- June 19: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- June 19: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- June 19: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- June 19: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- June 19: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- June 19: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information