- Do you love children? We are still in need of volunteers for VBS, which takes place July 6-10th from 9am-noon. Any and all help is appreciated, whether one day or the whole week. Contact Jami Flemmons by clicking on this link if you are able to help.
Save your milk jugs! We are collecting gallon size white or clear plastic milk jugs. Look for a box in the Narthex and place your rinsed out milk jugs there. We need 428 milk jugs to be exact….they are going to be used to create an igloo for our Everest VBS campers.
- Can you help support our Poland MissionTeam? The Poland mission team leaving at the end of June is collecting any size color beads & charms (to make necklaces and bracelets) and tennis racquets that are still in good condition. Please drop off your donations in the box in the Narthex marked “Poland Sports Camp.”
- Do you want to help the Needy in our area? Susanna Circle is sponsoring a Food Drive for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries. All non-perishable items are welcome and appreciated. There is a specific need for the following: Juice, Canned Fruit, Yellow Rice, Syrup, Condiments, Breakfast Foods (Pancake Mix, Cereal). Please leave your donated items in the blue grocery basket near the coat racks. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kim Mattiello or ClaireSax.
- Can you count? We need Counters! Help count the offerings for all three services. Must be a member of Pender, at least a senior in high school and proficient in EXCEL. Counters will be placed on teams of three (no related members on any team) and should count no more than once every 2 months or less. Counters start counting each Sunday following the 8:15 service at 9:15 and continue to count the Common Ground Service, Sunday school and the 11:00 am service (usually finished by the time the 11:00 service lets out.) Counters will be limited to a three-year term when signing up. The Finance Committee must approve all counters. If you are interested, please contact Sue Pierce by clicking on this link.
- Do you love babies & toddlers? We need Nursery Workers! At Pender, we provide a Nursery where infants and toddlers (newborns through age 4) are cared for in a safe and caring Christian environment. Help staff the Nursery during Sunday Services and other events. Would you prayerfully consider serving as a Nursery Worker?Contact the Church Office by clicking on this link.
Tags: beads, charms, children, Counters, food drive, igloo, milk jugs, Nursery Workers, Poland, Poland Sports Camp, Vacation Bible School, VBS, volunteers, Western Fairfax Christian Ministries, WFCM
Vacation Bible School at Pender ~ July 6-10
Online Registration Begins April 1st
VBS will be held July 6-10 from 9am-Noon each day. Our theme this year will be “Everest: Conquering Challenges with God’s Mighty Power.” Children age 3 (and potty trained) through 6th grade are invited to attend. Rising 7-12 graders can sign up online to be youth volunteers for the week.
Tags: children, Everest, registration, Vacation Bible School, VBS, volunteers, Youth
Pender’s ESL Ministry will bless needy families with a Thanksgiving food basket.
Monetary donations to help our volunteers select the requested food items will be appreciated. (Make checks payable to Pender UMC and write “Thanksgiving Baskets” in the memo section or give online.)
Volunteers are needed to assemble the baskets on Nov. 23 at 1 pm in the Fellowship Hall, help with the bagging of items and baking cookies.
Volunteers are also needed on Nov. 25 from 10am-2pm for basket pick up. Questions, contact or email Liliana Rivera, Ann MacDonald or Steve Dockweiler.
Tags: cookies, ESL, Pender food pantry, Thanksgiving, volunteers
October 4-6, 2013
Serve as a one-on-one buddy for a child (usually ages 9-16) with special needs
Camp Highroad, Middleburg, VA (about a 45 minute ride West off Rt. 50)
Given the nature of this camp experience for the participants, these are not medically fragile children, but rather higher functioning children with a diagnosis such as Autism or Aspergers.
Open to volunteers 16 years and older. Trained staff will be on the weekend, so no special skills are required just a willing and loving heart.
If interested contact Laura Shuping by clicking on this link.
Tags: Asperger syndrome, Aspergers, Autism, Camp Highroad, Disorders, Health, Mental Health, Short-term mission, Special needs, staff., volunteers, Youth ministry