Please join us this Sunday, May 31, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series: STORIES
May 31 – Confirmation – Our Story To Tell – John 9:13-38
The Blind man couldn’t explain all the details of what Jesus had done or how he had done it. But he did know this, “I once was blind but now I can see.” The stories we have to tell do not have to be elaborate or involved but simple tell what I know to be true because this is my experience with Jesus. What is story you have to tell?
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- May 28: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- May 28: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- May 28: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- May 31: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 218 sermons available. More information
- May31: Online VBS Registration is closing on Sunday, May 31. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015. Some grades are already full so act quickly to assure a spot.
- May 31-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers. Music Camp will run from July 6-10, 2015 in the afternoon.
- May 31: Confirmation Sunday
- May 31: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- May 31: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- May 31: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- May 31: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- May 31: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- May 31: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- May 31: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- May 31: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- May 31: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- May 31: Pender ReGift Store Volunteer Appreciation Party, 12:30 pm, with light refreshments. More information
- May 31: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information