Please join us this Sunday in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
You won’t want to miss our Christmas Cantata this Sunday at both the 8:15 & 11:00 Services.
At our 9:30 Common Ground Service, the Sermon Topic is “Socks & Underwear” (Isaiah 41:10)
Directions to Pender
- December 7: The Second Sunday of Advent
- December 7: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- December 7: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- December 7: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Cereal and Breakfast Foods
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- December 7: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 180 sermons available. More information
- December 7: Christmas Cantata, 8:15 & 11:00am Services
- December 7: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- December 7: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- December 7: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- December 7: Sunday School Classes. More information
- December 7: New Directions Sunday School Class, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- December 7: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- December 7: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- December 7: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- December 7: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- December 7: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- December 7: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- December 7: Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. Register for this orchestra.
- December 7: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- December 7: Advent Sing ‘n Celebrate, 7:00pm