- Ever wonder what it feels like to hold a handbell?
- Do you like the beautiful sound they make?
- Would you like to learn how to ring?
- Do you want to have fun?
Tag Archives: handbells
December 24: Invite your friends & family and join us for our Christmas Services!
- 5:30 pm Children’s Service – the Asbury & Wesley Choirs present “Sheep in Heavenly Peace”
- 7:00 pm Handbell Music & Instrumental Concert
- 7:30 pm Candlelight & Communion Worship Service with Live Band
- 10:30 pm Handbell Music & Instrumental Concert
- 11:00 pm Candlelight & Communion Worship Service with Traditional Organ
- Childcare will be available on Christmas Eve
December 25, Christmas Morning
One Unified Service at 10:00 am
A service of Lessons and Carols
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Register NOW for Children’s, Youth & Adult Music Ministries!
If you have not created a My Pender Page log-in yet, you will need to go to our website to do so first. Then click on “Available Registrations” on the top left of the home page.
To register, click here.
Welcome to Pender’s Music Ministry!
The Music Ministry at Pender is dedicated to using God’s gift of music to joyfully lift praises to His name! Our primary focus is to enhance our worship experience at Pender through music.
We have groups of all ages, sizes and abilities. All of our music groups are comprised of dedicated volunteers who love music and understand its ability to make the heart and soul soar. Children as young as preschool age are having fun and enjoying Christian fellowship by singing and ringing praises to God, and learning what it means to become a worship leader. Friendships and bonds are formed in these groups that can last a lifetime. We learn and present a variety of musical styles in worship, from classical to contemporary. We strive to understand how an anthem’s text or a melodic line in a handbell piece conveys God’s love for all. Through our understanding, we help our congregation know God better, so that in turn, we all may become “Disciples for Christ.”
Our goal is to involve every person who wishes to glorify God through music. There is something for every music lover at Pender. You do not need to know how to read music to sing or ring with us! If you love to sing or play an instrument, we would love to have you join us. If you enjoy handbells and want to join a handbell group, please come!
- Sanctuary Choir, rehearses Thursdays 7:30 -9 pm
- Revelation Ringers (adult beginner handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 6-6:45 pm in the Sanctuary
- Carillon Ringers (intermediate handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 7-7:45 pm in the Sanctuary
- Joy Ringers (advanced handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 7:45-8:45 pm in the Sanctuary
Even if you are a returning member, please register anyway so that we can make sure everything is up to date and in the same place.
Registration opens August 2, 2015.
Register for Adult Sanctuary Choir through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Adult Handbell Choirs through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Children and Youth
- Cherub Choir – Age 3 1/2 through kindergarten
- Cherub Bells – Kindergarteners only
- Rainbow Chimers – Grades 1 and 2
- Children’s Handbells – Grades 3-6
- Asbury Choir – Grades 1-2
- Wesley Choir – Grades 3-6
- Youth Handbells – Grades 7-12
- Youth Choir – Grades 7-12
- Youth Instrumental Ensemble, kick-off after marching band season (November)
Registration opens August 2, 2015.
Register for Pender Youth Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Pender Children’s Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Pender Preschool/Kindergarten Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
At this year’s VBS, kids embarked on an icy expedition where they overcame obstacles with God’s awesome power. Kids were anchored in rock-solid Bible truths that will guide them through life’s challenges.
In addition, each day kids rotated through music, recreation, snack, craft, storytelling and even some “laboratory” time!
The VBS Final Program will be Friday, June 10 at 11 am.
At Pender’s Music Camp, rising second through sixth graders sing in choir, play Orff instruments, ring handbells, experiment with rhythm in a percussion class, learn to read music, and make crafts.
Friday afternoon traditionally concludes with musical performances which our campers perform for friends and family!
The Music Camp Final Program will be Friday, July 10 at 3:00 pm.
Pender’s annual summer Music Camp will be held on July 6-10 from 12:30pm-3:30pm. Our theme this year is “The Amazing Grace Race.” Children in rising 2nd through rising 6th grade are invited to participate. Rising 7-12th graders who are interested in volunteering can also sign up online on our website starting today
The cost is $25 per child, $50 per family (siblings only).