Tag Archives: handbells
You’re invited to a musical celebration of God’s gift of eternal light! The Pender UMC music ministry presents “The Promise of Light”, a cantata (narrative piece of music) composed by Joel Raney. The piece includes Christmas carols and original choral music blended with narration, piano, handbell, and percussion, to tell the timeless story of the birth of Jesus Christ, the Light of the World.
The production will take place during Pender’s only Sunday worship service on December 9, at 10 a.m. Stay for a delicious brunch after worship!
No RSVP required; all are welcome. Childcare will be available during worship for ages birth through 6th grade.
DATE AND TIME
Sun, December 9, 2018
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM EST
12401 Alder Woods Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033
- Ever wonder what it feels like to hold a handbell?
- Do you like the beautiful sound they make?
- Would you like to learn how to ring?
- Do you want to have fun?
December 24: Invite your friends & family and join us for our Christmas Services!
- 5:30 pm Children’s Service – the Asbury & Wesley Choirs present “Sheep in Heavenly Peace”
- 7:00 pm Handbell Music & Instrumental Concert
- 7:30 pm Candlelight & Communion Worship Service with Live Band
- 10:30 pm Handbell Music & Instrumental Concert
- 11:00 pm Candlelight & Communion Worship Service with Traditional Organ
- Childcare will be available on Christmas Eve
December 25, Christmas Morning
One Unified Service at 10:00 am
A service of Lessons and Carols
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Register NOW for Children’s, Youth & Adult Music Ministries!
If you have not created a My Pender Page log-in yet, you will need to go to our website to do so first. Then click on “Available Registrations” on the top left of the home page.
To register, click here.
Welcome to Pender’s Music Ministry!
The Music Ministry at Pender is dedicated to using God’s gift of music to joyfully lift praises to His name! Our primary focus is to enhance our worship experience at Pender through music.
We have groups of all ages, sizes and abilities. All of our music groups are comprised of dedicated volunteers who love music and understand its ability to make the heart and soul soar. Children as young as preschool age are having fun and enjoying Christian fellowship by singing and ringing praises to God, and learning what it means to become a worship leader. Friendships and bonds are formed in these groups that can last a lifetime. We learn and present a variety of musical styles in worship, from classical to contemporary. We strive to understand how an anthem’s text or a melodic line in a handbell piece conveys God’s love for all. Through our understanding, we help our congregation know God better, so that in turn, we all may become “Disciples for Christ.”
Our goal is to involve every person who wishes to glorify God through music. There is something for every music lover at Pender. You do not need to know how to read music to sing or ring with us! If you love to sing or play an instrument, we would love to have you join us. If you enjoy handbells and want to join a handbell group, please come!
- Sanctuary Choir, rehearses Thursdays 7:30 -9 pm
- Revelation Ringers (adult beginner handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 6-6:45 pm in the Sanctuary
- Carillon Ringers (intermediate handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 7-7:45 pm in the Sanctuary
- Joy Ringers (advanced handbells), rehearses Tuesdays 7:45-8:45 pm in the Sanctuary
Even if you are a returning member, please register anyway so that we can make sure everything is up to date and in the same place.
Registration opens August 2, 2015.
Register for Adult Sanctuary Choir through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Adult Handbell Choirs through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Children and Youth
- Cherub Choir – Age 3 1/2 through kindergarten
- Cherub Bells – Kindergarteners only
- Rainbow Chimers – Grades 1 and 2
- Children’s Handbells – Grades 3-6
- Asbury Choir – Grades 1-2
- Wesley Choir – Grades 3-6
- Youth Handbells – Grades 7-12
- Youth Choir – Grades 7-12
- Youth Instrumental Ensemble, kick-off after marching band season (November)
Registration opens August 2, 2015.
Register for Pender Youth Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Pender Children’s Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations
Register for Pender Preschool/Kindergarten Music Ministry through My Pender Page > My Overview > Available Registrations