The sermon for Sunday, June 8th is “Pentecost for All” (Acts 2:1-13)
Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given so that we will be prepared for the work of service and the body of Christ will be built up. Each of us has gifts. What are your gifts? How are you using them? On this celebration of Pentecost and confirming our teenagers into faith in Christ, let’s celebrate the Holy Spirit and the gifts He gives.
- Sunday School Classes. Read the brochure
- Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- Beginner’s Bible Study, 9:30-10:40 am for 12 weeks
- Everyone is invited to join us after the 11:00 Service for a “carnival-themed” picnic. We’ll have yummy food, carnival games and other activities.
- Disciple II Bible Study, 4:00 pm
- A FREE Car Wash from 5:00 to 6:00!JLU Youth Group for all 4-6th graders meets this Sunday, June 8th, and our outreach project is to wash your car from 5:00 – 6:00 pm. Please be sure to have the kids bring a change of clothes for dinner. We had a great year learning about the 12 disciples and wish everyone the best over the summer break. We will start up again in September with Grades 4 – 6th.
Last but not least:
- Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- June 8: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- June 8: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- June 8: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Snacks & Crackers in Sleeves
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
- Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- June 8: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 147 sermons available. More information
- June 8: Music Camp registration is open. More information
- June 8: Register for VBS Wait list (Registration is closed, waitlist only) http://www.penderumc.org/vbs