Please join us today Sunday, September 11, at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 am Worship Services.
New Sermon Series, beginning Sept. 11th:
“Shift Happens”–a series looking at how we are to navigate change as followers of Jesus. In a world that is changing more rapidly every day, especially in Northern Virginia, we think this will be a timely topic.
“Shift Happens” is a series looking at how we are to navigate change as followers of Jesus. In a world that is changing more rapidly every day, especially in Northern Virginia, we think this will be a timely topic.
Both Pastor Kenny & Pastor Dan will be preaching on“Shift Happens: Letting Go of Fear” (Numbers 13:26-14:9)
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Pender UMC Calendar Events
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Hamburger Helper & Packages of Noodles
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- Registration is open for Pender Men’s Stepping Up Weekend Event. More information
- Week 1 Shift Happens Small Group Discussion Guides are available here: More information
- September 11-November 16: Disciple Fast Track 12 Weeks Old Testament More information
- September 11: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- September 11: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- September 11: Summer Sunday School continues. More information
- September 11: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- September 11: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- September 11: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- September 11: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- September 11: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- September 11: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- September 11: Sing ‘n Celebrate Service and Potluck Supper, 5 pm.
According to an anonymous writer on the internet – “In times of turmoil and tragedy, First Responders are the people who run toward the crisis. They never ask for our gratitude, but they certainly deserve it.” We can express our appreciation for these heroes by attending this SNC where Capt. Jim Wasem of the Arlington Police Dept. will share.
We hope you can join in the fellowship over the good food of the potluck which will follow. Just bring a side dish or a dessert to share please. We are joining with the youth group, and Tim will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.
- September 11: Turning Point Youth Group Kick-Off Event, 7:00-8:30 pm.
All teens are invited to join us at 6:30 pm for a cookout and potluck dinner, followed by activities and fun games in the lower parking lot of the Church -“Egg Roulette” challenge, races, the Duck Tape Game, possibly a surprise competition between our pastors, and more! Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information