This Sunday, May 8th, is Mother’s Day — Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers!
Please join us at our 8:15, 9:30, & 11:00 Services as Pastor Kenny and Pastor Dan preach on their final sermon in the “Heaven is for Real” sermon series: “Heaven is For Real…So What?” (Philippians 1:20-27)
So much of all the talk about heaven is focused on what happens after we die. But we believe the promise of heaven has impact in how we live today! Is it possible to bring a little bit of heaven to earth?
Bring some more friends for the conclusion of “Heaven is For Real!”
Listen to 278 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
Upcoming Events! Watch for more information:
- May 8:Happy Mother’s Day!
- May 8: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- May 8: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- May 8: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Personal Care Products
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- May 8: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 278 sermons available. More information
- May 8: The Waitlist is open for Vacation Bible School (VBS). More information
- May 8: Registration is open for Music Camp. More information
- May 8: Registration is open for Philippi. More information
- May 8: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- May 8: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- May 8: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- May 8: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- May 8: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- May 8: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- May 8: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- May 8: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- May 8: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- May 8: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- May 8: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- May 8: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- May 8: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information