Please join us today, at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Worship Services at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Worship Services for our final message in our series,“Bless this Home.” This Sunday’s sermon is entitled “Persecuted.”
“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” (Matthew 5:10-12)
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Pender UMC Calendar Events
- Get your event on the Pender UMC Calendar
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Baby Food
- Pull Ups
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Quick Link to My Pender Page
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- Registration is open for The Women’s Retreat. More information
- Sign up to help with the Hypothermia Center. More information
- January 29: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- January 29: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- January 29: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- January 29: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- January 29: The 11:00am Sunday School Class is very excited to announce its new study of C.S. Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters.” This is a timeless Christian classic that is as thought provoking today as it was when it was first released, and promises to spur great discussions about our faith, our church, and our nation. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- January 29: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- January 29: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- January 29: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- January 29: Turning Point Youth Group, 7:00-8:30 pm. Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information