This Sunday, June 12th, is Graduation Sunday. We will be honoring all of our high school and college graduates during our 11:00 am service. (All graduates are encouraged to wear their cap and gowns!)
At our 8:15 and 11:00 am Services, Pastor Kenny will be preaching on “Staying Positive in a Negative World” (Romans 12:1-2); and Pastor Dan will also be preaching on the same sermon title and scripture at the 9:30 Service.
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-2)
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to 289 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- June 12: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- June 12: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Fruit
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Canned Fruit
- June 12: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 289 sermons available. More information
- June 12: Vacation Bible School (VBS). Registration is at capacity! Please contact Ann Hines with any questions. More information
- June 12: Volunteer to help with Vacation Bible School (VBS). More information
- June 12: Volunteer to help with Music Camp. More information
- June 12: Registration is open for Summer Sports Recreation Camp. More information
- June 12: Registration is open for Philippi. More information
- June 12: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- June 12: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- June 12: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- June 12: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- June 12: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- June 12: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- June 12: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- June 12: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- June 12: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- June 12: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- June 12: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- June 12: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- June 12: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- Help us honor our graduates during our 11am service on June 12th (both college & high school). Our high school graduates are invited to attend a special dinner and program hosted in their honor in the Fellowship Hall the same evening at 6:30pm. Invite your families!