Join us this Sunday at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Rev. Suzanne Spencer, our Pre-Missions Conference Guest Speaker, will be preaching on “Are You Bearing Fruit?” (John 15:1-8)
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
This Sunday, April 12th, Suzanne Schmid Spencer will be our special pre-conference speaker. At a time in life when she was looking forward to retiring from her career as a research gerontologist and assisted living administrator, Suzanne was surprised to hear a call to pastoral ministry. She served as Director of Congregational Care at Woodlake UMC near her home in Midlothian VA, as Director of Christian Education at Fairview UMC in Danville VA, and as pastor of New Hope Charge on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. She found a love of mission as a girl under the discipleship of Miss Jean Craig, who served as a Virginia Conference missionary to China and Korea before returning to Richmond to serve local churches. Suzanne has served on a short-term mission team to Mexico and on six Pender teams to Peru. Now retired, she joins her husband, Dr. John Spencer in opening their home in the Valley as a place of rest and renewal for pastors and missionaries.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- April 12: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- April 12: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- April 12: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Fruit & Juices
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- April 12: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 209 sermons available. More information
- April 12-April 15: Sign up for Mulch, delivered by the Pender Men. More information
- April 12-May 31: Online VBS Registration. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015.
- April 12: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- April 12: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- April 12: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- April 12: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- April 12: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- April 12: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- April 12: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- April 12: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- April 12: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- April 12: Youth Confirmation Classes, 2:00 pm
- April 12: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- April 12: Lenten Sing ‘n Celebrate, 7 pm