Christmas at the Movies.
In this Advent series we’ll be looking at some memorable Christmas movies to help us prepare for the coming Christ.
November 27, the first Sunday in Advent
Keep watch over your heart, lest it grow two sizes too small.
Movie Clip: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Scripture: Matthew 24:36-44
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Pender UMC Calendar Events
- Get your event on the Pender UMC Calendar
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Fruit
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Quick Link to My Pender Page
- NEW! Opt-in to Text Messaging for important Pender Announcements! Sign up here.
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- Now through tomorrow November 28: Register for Christmas VBS More information
- November 27: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 27: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 27: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 27: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 27: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- November 27: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 27: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 27: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 27: Prison Ministry, 1:00 pm More information.
- November 27: Turning Point Youth Group, 7:00-8:30 pm. Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information