Please join us this Sunday, November 20, at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 am Worship Services.
Pastor Kenny and Pastor Dan will be preaching on 3 John.
3 John New International Version (NIV)
1 The elder,
To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
5 Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers and sisters,[a]even though they are strangers to you. 6 They have told the church about your love. Please send them on their way in a manner that honors God. 7 It was for the sake of the Name that they went out, receiving no help from the pagans. 8 We ought therefore to show hospitality to such people so that we may work together for the truth.
9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will not welcome us.10 So when I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, spreading malicious nonsense about us. Not satisfied with that, he even refuses to welcome other believers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.
11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.12 Demetrius is well spoken of by everyone—and even by the truth itself. We also speak well of him, and you know that our testimony is true.
13 I have much to write you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink. 14 I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.
Peace to you. The friends here send their greetings. Greet the friends there by name.
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Pender UMC Calendar Events
- Get your event on the Pender UMC Calendar
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Fruit
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Quick Link to My Pender Page
- NEW! Opt-in to Text Messaging for important Pender Announcements! Sign up here.
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- Now through November 28: Register for Christmas VBS More information
- November 20: ALIVE Middle School Youth Conference
- November 20: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 20: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 20: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 20: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 20: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- November 20: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 20: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 20: Thanksgiving Basket Assembly, after the 11 am service
- November 20: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 20: Turning Point Youth Group, 7:00-8:30 pm. Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information