Please join us this Sunday, April 26, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services
Sermon Series: WORDS
April 26: Power of the Tongue: Negative – James 3:3-6
The words we use have a great effect on us personally and others socially. What comes out of our mouths is often so toxic and destructive that it destroys and we aren’t even aware of what we’ve done. Let’s look at what the power of words from our tongue are having.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- April 26: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- April 26: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- April 21: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Hamburger Helper
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- April 26: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 212 sermons available. More information
- April 26-May 31: Online VBS Registration. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015.
- April 26: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- April 26: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- April 26: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- April 26: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- April 26: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- April 26: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- April 26: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- April 26: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- April 26: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- April 26: Youth Confirmation Classes, 2:00 pm
- April 26: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information