Please join us for a wonderful time of worship this Sunday, November 15th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11:00 worship services.
At the 8:15 & 11:00 services, Pastor Kenny will be preaching on“Turning Dreams into Realities.”
At the 9:30 Contemporary Service, Pastor Dan will be preaching on“Tools for Ministry.”(Exodus 33:7-11)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to 251 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- November 15: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- November 15: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- November 13: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Cans of Vegetables (no green beans or corn)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
- Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- November 15: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 250 sermons available. More information
- November 15-30: Register for Christmas VBS. More information.
- November 15: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 15: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 15: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 15: New Directions Sunday School Class. We will study the book entitled “The Holy Spirit – An Introduction” by John Bevere. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 15: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 15: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 15: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 15: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- November 15: Pender Church Building Renovation Preview Meeting, 5 pm. Committee members will present the concept-level plan for Pender’s renovation and be available to answer questions.
- November 15: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 15: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 15: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- November 15: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information