“Invitation to a Miracle: A Cantata for Christmas” by Joseph Martin
Presented by: The Pender UMC Sanctuary Choir and Orchestra
Sunday, December 4 All 3 Services
Joyful sounds abound in this colorful Christmas gift for choirs. Through poetic narration, scripture passages and creatively arranged carols, the timeless story of the birth of Christ is presented. Gathered around the wonders that accompanied Jesus’ birth, this cantata journeys from the miracle of prophecy to the incarnation and proclamation of this most significant moment.
More info at http://www.penderumc.org/cantata
December 4, the second Sunday in Advent
Choir Cantata, Invitation to a Miracle: A Cantata for Christmas
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
Movie Clip: Elf
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Get your event on the Pender UMC Calendar
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Apples, Oranges, Onions & Potatoes
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Quick Link to My Pender Page
- NEW! Opt-in to Text Messaging for important Pender Announcements! Sign up here.
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- December 4 Cantata Sunday, all 3 services
- December 4: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- December 4: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- December 4: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- December 4: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- December 4: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- December 4: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- December 4: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- December 4: Building in Faith for the Future (BFF), 12:30 pm Q and A session in the Fellowship Hall
- December 4: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- December 4: JLU, 5:00-7:00 pm. More information
- December 4: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 5 pm in the Fellowship Hall
- December 4: Turning Point Youth Group, 7:00-8:30 pm. Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information