Please join us this Sunday, February 22, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
SERIES FOR LENT; LIVING THE HARD SAYINGS OF JESUS
February 22 – Denying and Dying – Luke 9:23
Denying is not a word our society uses much anymore. Dying to self certainly isn’t the message of the TV preachers. Yet Jesus says that we must do both to follow Him. Denying and Dying we enter into following Jesus.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- February 22: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- February 22: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- February 22: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
Cooking Oil & Salad Dressing
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- February 22: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 199 sermons available. More information
- February 22-March 4: Sign up for the Women’s Prayer Breakfast More information
- February 22-March 23: Sign up for the Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt. More information
- February 22: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- February 22: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- February 22: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- February 22: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- February 22: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- February 22: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- February 22: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- February 22: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- February 22: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- February 22: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information