At our 8:15 & 11:00 worship services on Sunday, August 24th, we return to a part of our heritage as Methodists, the Campmeeting. It will be atime to sing the old hymns, enjoy the upbeat worship and hear a sermon series based on the importance of “Revival.”
Pastor Kenny will be preaching on “A Neglected Salvation?” (Hebrews 2:3-4)
The writer of Hebrews asks a simple question. “How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?” Have we neglected it? From what do we escape? Let’s see how great a salvation we have been given and claim it this week.
Click on this link to find out more information about our upcoming sermons.
Also on Sunday:
- August 24: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- August 24: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- August 24: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- 2 lb. bags of Flour
- 2 lb. bags of Sugar
- Canned Fruits
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too! Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- August 24: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 161 sermons available. More information
- August 24: Blessing of the Backpacks, all 3 worship services (8:15, 9:30 & 11:00)
- August 24: New Directions Sunday School Class will begin a new study, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- August 24: Sunday School Classes. Read the brochure
- August 24: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- August 24: Beginner’s Bible Study, 9:30-10:40 am for 12 weeks
- August 24: Disciple II Bible Study, 4:00 pm