Please join us this Sunday, May 10, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services
Sermon Series: WORDS
May 10: The Only Commandment with a Promise – Deuteronomy 5:16
HONOR your father and mother! On Mother’s Day this sounds appropriate. How do we do that? What does that mean? And if we do it there’s a promise. Yes there is and some wonder why life has gone sour. Let the Bible remind you of the foundation of success.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- May 10: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- May 10: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- May 10: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Cold cereals
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- May 10: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 214 sermons available. More information
- May 10-31: Online VBS Registration. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015.
- May 10-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers.
- May 10: Happy Mother’s Day!
- May 10: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- May 10: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- May 10: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- May 10: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- May 10: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- May 10: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- May 10: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- May 10: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- May 10: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- May 10: Youth Confirmation Classes, 2:00 pm
- May 10: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information