Today is Pentecost Sunday! Bring a friend and join us at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series: STORIES
Sermon Title for May 24 – Pentecost
The Power of Understanding A Story Acts 2:1-41
“Each one heard in his own language.” The true art of story telling is do people hear what you are really saying. The joy of sharing the stories of Jesus is that the Holy Spirit makes sure everyone hears. That is the reminder of Pentecost today, “Everyone can hear in his own language if we will only be used.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
- May 24: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- May 24: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- May 24: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- May 24: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 218 sermons available. More information
- May 24-31: Online VBS Registration. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015. Some grades are already full so act quickly to assure a spot.
- May 24-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers.
- May 24: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- May 24: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- May 24: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- May 24: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- May 24: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- May 24: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- May 24: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- May 24: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- May 24: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- May 24: Prison Ministry, 12:30 pm
- May 24: Youth Confirmation Classes, 2:00 pm
- May 24: Pastor Kenny’s mother, Rosie Hatch Newsome, time of visitation with the family at 2:00 pm at Melrose United Methodist Church, 1317 Lewisetta Rd, Lottsburg, VA 22511.
A service to celebrate the life of Rosie Newsome will begin at 3:00 pm, with a reception following the service.
- May 24: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information