Please join us this Sunday, February 21st, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11am worship services.
Pastor Kenny will be continuing our current sermon series,The God We Can Know, and will be preaching at all 3 services on Knowing God’s Satisfaction (John 6:48-51)
“I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” (John 6:48-51)
Listen to 266 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- February 21: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- February 21: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- February 21: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Potatoes, Oranges & Apples
(individual bags or sleeves)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Potatoes, Oranges & Apples
- February 21: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 266 sermons available. More information
- February 21: Time to order mulch! This year the Pender Men are teaming with our sponsored Boy Scout troop #1530 and combining our mulch sales so that we can help each other’s programs and deliver your mulch to your driveway on Saturday March 5th. More information
- February 21: Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt, Registration is open. More information
- February 21-28: Register to eat at Jason’s Deli on March 2 between 5 and 10 pm. The Capital Campaign will get 15% of the cost of Pender members’ meals. More information
- February 21: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- February 21: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- February 21: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- February 21: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- February 21: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- February 21: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- February 21: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- February 21: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- February 21: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- February 21: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- February 21: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- February 21: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- February 21: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information