Please join us in worship this Sunday, October 19th, at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services as we continue our Sermon Series on “Celebrate the Gifts.”
Sermon Topic for Today – Gifts: Stop and Count (Psalm 103:1-5)
What gifts have you received this week? What has been given to you? It helps to stop and count our blessings. When we think about all the things we have and have been given, it’s amazing! Let’s stop and count together on Sunday.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- October 19: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- October 19: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- October 19: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Anything and Everything!
The shelves are BARE!
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Anything and Everything!
- October 19: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 173 sermons available. More information
- October 19: The Pender Pumpkin Patch, open 11:00 am until 7:00 pm through October 31st.All are welcome to help! Counts as service hours for teens!
- October 19: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 19: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- October 19: Common Ground Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 19: Sunday School Classes. More information
- October 19: New Directions Sunday School Class new study, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- October 19: New Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- October 19: New Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- October 19: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- October 19: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 19: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 19: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- October 19: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information