Please join us this Sunday, December 21st, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
8:15 & 11:00 Services Sermon Title: “If you take the CHRIST Out of Christmas, What Do You Have Left?” (Isaiah 9:6-7)
9:30 Common Ground Sermon Title: “Celebrate Jesus!” (Luke 1:46-56)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- December 21: The Fourth Sunday of Advent Do you know the meaning of the Chrismons on the Advent Tree? Find out here: More information
- December 21: In the spirit of Advent we are excited to offer devotionals written by the congregants here at Pender church. We hope that in these busy and hectic times, you will return each day, to find peace and Christ in the stories you will find here. Pender Advent Devotions
- December 21: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- December 21: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- December 21: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Cooking Oil
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- December 21 The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 184 sermons available. More information
- December 21: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- December 21: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- December 21: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- December 21: Sunday School Classes. More information
- December 21: New Directions Sunday School Class, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- December 21: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- December 21: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- December 21: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information