Daily Archives: September 21, 2015
A rerun from last year but good to revisit as we follow A Disciple’s Path:
Among John Wesley’s advice:
Eat a light supper at least two or three hours before bed. Oprah could not have said it better.
Wesley’s counsel to scholars also may seem relevant to couch potatoes, computer addicts and people who work in cubicles.
“Those who read or write much, should learn to do it standing; otherwise it will impair their health,” Wesley said.
Drink lots of water; it’s the healthiest of all drinks.
Other Wesley diet and exercise tips include:
- Avoid coffee and tea; they elevate anxiety.
- Exercise, preferably walking, is necessary for good health.
- Cold baths promote circulation.
- Exercise on an empty stomach.
- Go to bed at 9 p.m. and rise at 4 a.m. or 5 a.m.
Read the entire article at Wesley’s diet, exercise tips promote health – The United Methodist Church.