Please join us for a wonderful time of worship this Sunday, October 4th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11:00 worship services.
Pastor Kenny will be preaching at all three services this Sunday and will continue our sermon series based on our church-wide study, “A Disciple’s Path” and will be preaching on Money Matters (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
How do you feel about money? John Wesley was convinced that there is a direct connection between our discipleship and the use of our financial resources. He called money “an excellent gift of God” and was clear that the “love of money,” not money itself, is the “root of all evil.” Whether we have much or very little of it, how do we use this gift of God as followers of Jesus? That’s what we’ll be talking about this week.
PLEASE NOTE: Our 9:30 Common Ground Service will be held in the Sanctuary this Sunday, October 4th.
For a list of small groups currently participating in our church-wide study, click here.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to 243 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- The Items of the Week for the WFCM are Anything and EVERYTHING
- Please pick up a baby bottle for the Sanctity of Life Baby Bottle Campaign in the Narthex on Sunday and fill with your spare change
- Sunday School, 9:30
- New Sunday School class at 10:45 until noon for 4th through 6th graders in room 124. Contact Caroline Anderson if you have any questions.
- Teen Sunday School Class has started! Please join us! We will meet in Room 222 from 11:00am to noon. Please contact Kerrie Barone by clicking on this link if interested
- Youth choir and Handbells
- Turning Point Youth