Please join us this Sunday, November 1, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
November 1 – Note that this is the Sunday that the clocks turn backwards 1 hour.
Who Do You Want to Be Like? Revelation 21:1-8
When we were children, many of us had someone we wanted to be like when we grew up. “I wanna be like Mike,”sang the old Gatorade commercial, referencing the great basketball player, Michael Jordan. Did you know that as we grow up in faith, from baby Christians to mature believers, we can have spiritual role models as well? These are those we call saints; whose lives we might imitate as they followed Jesus. Come and hear about some ancient and modern day saints, and consider who you might want to be like.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to 248 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- November 1: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- November 1: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- November 1: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Pancake Mix, Syrup & Hamburger Helper
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- November 1: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 248 sermons available. More information
- November 1-30: Register for Christmas VBS. More information.
- November 1: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 1: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 1: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 1: New Directions Sunday School Class. We will study the book entitled “The Holy Spirit – An Introduction” by John Bevere. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 1: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 1: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 1: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 1: Pender Church Building Renovation Preview Meeting, 11 am. Committee members will present the concept-level plan for Pender’s renovation and be available to answer questions.
- November 1: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 1: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 1: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- November 1: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information