Please join us for a wonderful time of worship this Sunday, November 8th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11:00 worship services.
Pastor Dan will be preaching at all 3 services on“More Than a Book Study” (John 15:9-17)
We just recently completed our church-wide study and message series called,“A Disciple’s Path,” in which we rediscovered our identity as followers of Jesus in the Wesleyan tradition. An important aspect of living out our faith together is what John Wesley called, “watching over one another in love.” How do we do that, especially today in the 21st century?
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to 250 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- November 8: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- November 8: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- November 8: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
- Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- November 8: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 250 sermons available. More information
- November 8-30: Register for Christmas VBS. More information.
- November 8: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 8: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 8: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 8: New Directions Sunday School Class. We will study the book entitled “The Holy Spirit – An Introduction” by John Bevere. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 8: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 8: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 8: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 8: Pender ReGift Thrift Store Christmas Decorating Party, 1:00 pm. More information.
- November 8: The Pender Youth Orchestra will kick-off the 2015-2016 season at 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- November 8: JLU (Jesus Loves You). 5-7 pm
- November 8: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 5:00-6:00 pm. Celebrating Military More information.
- November 8: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 8: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 8: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- November 8: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information