Please join us this Sunday, March 6th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11am worship services.
Pastor Kenny & Pastor Dan will be continuing our current sermon series,The God We Can Know, and will be preaching on Knowing God’s Care. Scripture: John 10:1-16
“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep.” (John 10:14-15)
Listen to 269 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- March 6: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- March 6: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- March 6: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Baby Food & Diapers
(individual bags or sleeves)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Baby Food & Diapers
- March 6: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 269 sermons available. More information
- March 6 to March 14: Buy a TShirt to help support the Building in Faith Capital Campaign.More information. We offered two colors and two styles (a unisex that goes from youth through adult and a ladies cut). We chose these colors based on recommended colors from the t-shirt designer, since colors we had originally selected would not have highlighted our logo as well once they were printed. And limiting it to two will allow us to better stand out as a group at these events.
- March 6 to March 20: Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt, Registration is open. More information
- March 6: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- March 6: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- March 6: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- March 6: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- March 6: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- March 6: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- March 6: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- March 6: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- March 6: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 5 pm More information
- March 6: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- March 6: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- March 6: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- March 6: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information