Please join us this Sunday, March 13th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11am worship services.
Pastor Kenny & Pastor Dan will be continuing our current sermon series, The God We Can Know, and will be preaching on Knowing God’s Power (Scripture:John 15:1-8)
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” (John 15:7-8)
Listen to 270 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- March 13: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- March 13: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- March 13: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Coffee, Tea & Hot Chocolate
(individual bags or sleeves)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Coffee, Tea & Hot Chocolate
- March 13: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 270 sermons available. More information
- March 13 to March 14: TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY to Buy a TShirt to help support the Building in Faith Capital Campaign.More information. We offered two colors and two styles (a unisex that goes from youth through adult and a ladies cut). We chose these colors based on recommended colors from the t-shirt designer, since colors we had originally selected would not have highlighted our logo as well once they were printed. And limiting it to two will allow us to better stand out as a group at these events.
- March 13 to March 20: Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt, Registration is open. More information
- March 13: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- March 13: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- March 13: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- March 13: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- March 13: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- March 13: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- March 13: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- March 13: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- March 13: JLU, 5:00-7:00 pm. More information
- March 13: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- March 13: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- March 13: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- March 13: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information