Imagine sixty kids singing and playing music to the Lord. What a glorious sound it would be, right? This is the ministry of Music Camp… to give children a chance to see how fun using music to praise the Lord can be! Like Vacation Bible School, which is held the same week in the mornings, this venue encourages the participation of children in a week-long camp format.
Music Ministry staff and volunteers work together each year to organize and orchestrate a summer music camp. It’s an opportunity for students and parents alike to experience the joy of praising God through music. Musical experience is not necessary to participate!
At Pender’s Music Camp, rising second through sixth graders sing in choir, play Orff instruments, ring handbells, experiment with rhythm in a percussion class, learn to read music, and make crafts. Older youth are always welcome to help out as teaching assistants.
Friday afternoon traditionally concludes with a musical performance, complete with costumes and choreography, which our campers perform for friends and family!
- Online registration is open
- Please fill out a separate form for each child.
- There is a total limit of 60 children.
- Be sure to register your child, not yourself. Click “Register Additional Individuals/Family”
- The charge will be $30 per child and $60 max per family. NOTE: Be sure to check the box that asks if you are registering 3 or more siblings to get a refund (Are you registering 3 or more siblings (brothers or sisters))
- The Closing Program will be at 4:00PM. This is a change from previous years.
- Fees must be paid online during registration by check or debit/credit card
Register here: http://www.penderumc.org/musiccamp
June 2, 2016 at 9:46 am
I’m writing to cancel registeration for music camp.
Annie Han( rising G5)
Would you please let me know once the cancellation and refund have been processed?
Thanks in advance.
June 3, 2016 at 5:40 am
You should be able to cancel yourself at the same link where you originally signed up.
Most of the office staff is at a conference this week. However, you could contact the Music Department and they could help you cancel.