Please join us on Missions Celebration Sunday, April 10th, at our 8:15, 9:30 & 11am Services.Our Guest Speaker will be Dr. Max Wilkins who will be preaching at all 3 services, “On a Mission with God” (Acts 1:6-11).
Dr. Wilkins served as a pastor in Florida and Hawaii for 26 years prior to becoming President and CEO of The Mission Society in 2014. He has led small and large local churches, planted satellite campuses, and helped to launch more than 100 church plants during that time. Max has been personally engaged in cross-cultural mission work for 20 years, having served and taught in more than two dozen countries around the world. He has been a public advocate for mission in the local church, speaking in more than 100 churches around the US.
Listen to 276 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- April 10: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- April 10: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- April 10: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Fruit
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- April 10: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 276 sermons available. More information
- April 10: Registration is open for Vacation Bible School (VBS). More information
- April 10: Registration is open for Music Camp. More information
- April 10-30: Second Chance! Buy a TShirt to help support the Building in Faith Capital Campaign.More information. We offered two colors and two styles (a unisex that goes from youth through adult and a ladies cut). We chose these colors based on recommended colors from the t-shirt designer, since colors we had originally selected would not have highlighted our logo as well once they were printed. And limiting it to two will allow us to better stand out as a group at these events.
- April 10: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- April 10: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- April 10: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- April 10: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- April 10: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- April 10: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- April 10: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- April 10: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- April 10: JLU, 5:00-7:00 pm. More information
- April 10: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- April 10: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- April 10: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- April 10: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information