Please join us at our 8:15, 9:30, & 11:00 Services as Pastor Kenny and Pastor Dan continue their new sermon series entitled, “Heaven is for Real” and will be preaching on “The Battle for Heaven.” (Colossians 3:1-4)
Did you know that heaven is not guaranteed? In fact, we believe there are forces at work to knock us off our path and keep us from our intended destination. This is serious business, but victory can be ours! Make sure you’re among the victorious and join us today.
Listen to 278 past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- April 24: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- April 24: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- April 24: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Jello and Pudding
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- April 24: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 278 sermons available. More information
- April 24: Registration is open for Vacation Bible School (VBS). More information
- April 24: Registration is open for Music Camp. More information
- April 24-30: Second Chance! Buy a TShirt to help support the Building in Faith Capital Campaign.More information. We offered two colors and two styles (a unisex that goes from youth through adult and a ladies cut). We chose these colors based on recommended colors from the t-shirt designer, since colors we had originally selected would not have highlighted our logo as well once they were printed. And limiting it to two will allow us to better stand out as a group at these events.
- April 24: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- April 24: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- April 24: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- April 24: New Directions Sunday School Class. New study entitled “Soul Keeping – Caring for the Most Import Part of You” by John Ortberg. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- April 24: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- April 24: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- April 24: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- April 24: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- April 24: The Pender Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. The Youth Orchestra is open to all youth grades 7 through 12 who play a wind, brass, stringed or percussion instrument. New members are always welcome! The Orchestra plays 4-5 times during Sunday morning worship from December-June. More information.
- April 24: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- April 24: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- April 24: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- April 24: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30-8:30 pm, with dinner. More information