Please join us this Sunday, November 6, at our 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 am Worship Services.
Pastor Dan will be preaching at all three services on“The Perfect Candidate” (1 John 4:16b-19).
“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.We love because he first loved us.”
Pender’s Vision Statement:
By following Jesus and reaching out to others, we seek God’s transformation of ourselves and our world.
Listen to past sermons by Pastors Kenny Newsome, Dan Elmore and others in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Wondering where to take your children on Sunday mornings? Below is a summary. More detailed information is available at the Welcome desk located in the main lobby and here.
- NURSERY CARE ~ Birth through 2 years, 9:30 am – 12:15 pm
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 1 ~ 2 yrs. – Adults, 9:30 am – 10:40 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL 2 ~ Grades 4 – Adults, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- CHERUB CHURCH ~ 3 yrs.- Kindergarten, 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
- JUNIOR FELLOWSHIP ~ Grades 1-3, 10:45 am – 11:30 am
- JUNIOR CHURCH ~ Grades 1 – 5, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
- Pender UMC Calendar Events
- Get your event on the Pender UMC Calendar
- This Week at Pender email newsletter
- Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Fresh Produce:
Potatoes, Onions, Apples, Oranges, etc.
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Fresh Produce:
- The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. More information
- Shop using AmazonSmiles and benefit the Capital Campaign! More information
- Quick Link to My Pender Page
- Registration is open for Music Groups. More information
- Now through November 16: Disciple Fast Track 12 Weeks Old Testament More information
- Now through November 28: Register for Christmas VBS More information
- November 6: Be sure you changed your clocks!, 2:00 am. Daylight Saving Time 2016 ends for the year.
- November 6: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 6: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- November 6: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- November 6: New Directions Sunday School Class. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 6: The 10:30am Sunday School Class is reading a new study by Adam Hamilton entitled Seeing Gray in A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics. Contact Angie Green for more information.
- November 6: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- November 6: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 6: Ruth Circle Chicken Chili Lunch
- November 6: Pender ReGift Christmas Decorating Party after Chicken Chili
- November 6: Teen Sunday School. 11:00 am-noon
- November 6: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 5 pm Honoring Our Military/Veterans in the Fellowship HallMore information
- November 6: Turning Point Youth Group, 7:00-8:30 pm. Friends are definitely welcome, so feel free to invite as many as you like! More information