There are lots of benefits from being actively involved at Pender UMC. Getting to know people, and serving others gives you a sense of belonging. Being involved can have a very positive impact on your spiritual walk.
Become a member of Pender or at least attend often. Pender Connections classes are often held to help you with your decision.
There are always needs that have to be fulfilled. Below is a list of some of the ways you can get involved.
- Be a greeter.
- Become an usher.
- Serve in the children’s ministry.
- Talk to others around you after services.
- If you have handy skills, offer to fix things that are broken.
- Serve in the hospitality department coffee, lunch etc..
- Join a Sunday School class and/or a Small Group. We have lots to choose from.
- Offer to help with audio/visual
- Join the choir or band. Learn to play handbells.
- The Outreach Center can always use a helping hand on Saturdays.
- Help with cleaning.
- Attend Bible Studies.
- Help with fundraisers.
- Help out at the Pender ReGift Thrift Store
- Invite other people to visit your church.
- Join the Men’s group or a Woman’s Circle
- Knit or Crochet for those who need encouragement through Casting God’s Love
- Go on a Short-Term Missions trip
- Sign up for the Prayer Chain
- Volunteer in the Church Office
- The Flea Market and Boutique can always use sorters and salespeople.
- Pender’s Annual Mission Conference ~ April 12-14th (pendernews.org)
- Immediate opening for backup Assistant Director, Pender ReGift Thrift Store (pendernews.org)
- Pender Flea Market & Boutique, May 2013 (pendernews.org)