Please join us in worship this Sunday, October 5th, at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Pastor Kenny will be preaching at the 8:15 & 11:00 Services on “The Gift of Bread and Wine” (1 Cor. 11:23-26)
RevKev will be preaching at the 9:30 Service on “Answering the Call” (Matthew 10:33)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
- October 5: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- October 5: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- October 5: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Anything and Everything!
The shelves are BARE!
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Anything and Everything!
- October 5: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 171 sermons available. More information
- October 5: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 5: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- October 5: Common Ground Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 5: Sunday School Classes. More information
- October 5: New Directions Sunday School Class new study, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- October 5: New Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- October 5: New Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- October 5: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- October 5: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 5: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 5: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- October 5: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- October 5: Sing ‘N’ Celebrate, 7:00 pm More information