Today, October 26th, is Consecration Sunday. Please join us in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services as we continue our Sermon Series on “Celebrate the Gifts.”
Sermon Topic: Gifts: What Do You Do with the Gifts Given? (Deuteronomy 14:22-28) Wow! I can’t believe all the good gifts that God has given to us. And there are no strings attached to His gifts. But how do we use them? What do we do with them? Is there a guide to how we should respond? Let’s see together this Sunday.
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- October 26: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- October 26: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- October 64: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Anything and Everything!
The shelves are BARE!
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Anything and Everything!
- October 26: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 174 sermons available. More information
- October 26: The Pender Pumpkin Patch, open 11:00 am until 7:00 pm through October 31st.All are welcome to help! Counts as service hours for teens!
- October 26: Consecration Sunday
- October 26: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 26: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- October 26: Common Ground Service, 8:15 am. More information
- October 26: Sunday School Classes. More information
- October 26: New Directions Sunday School Class new study, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- October 26: New Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- October 26: New Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- October 26: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- October 26: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 26: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- October 26: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- October 26: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information