Please join us today in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
8:15 and 11:00 Services Sermon Title: Baptized, So What? (Mark 1:9-15)
9:30 Common Ground Sermon Title:The Baptism of Jesus (Mark 1:9-13)
“At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- January 11: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- January 11: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- January 11: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Cooking Oil
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- January 11 The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 191 sermons available. More information
- January 11: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- January 11: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- January 11: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- January 11: Sunday School Classes. More information
- January 11: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- January 11: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- January 11: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- January 11: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- January 11: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- January 11: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 7:30pm (Note different time!)
- January 11-18, 2015: Hypothermia Shelter