Please join us this Sunday, March 1, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
SERIES FOR LENT; LIVING THE HARD SAYINGS OF JESUS
March 1 – Communion at rail – 490 times
Did Jesus really mean we had to keep track and forgive only 490 times? Surely forgiveness isn’t that legalistic. What does it mean to live forgiveness for others? Lets see this week.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- March 1: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- March 1: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- March 1: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
Cooking Oil & Salad Dressing
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- March 1: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 199 sermons available. More information
- March 1-March 4: Sign up for the Women’s Prayer Breakfast More information
- March 1-March 23: Sign up for the Easter Story Time & Egg Hunt. More information
- March 1: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- March 1: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- March 1: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- March 1: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- March 1: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- March 1: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- March 1: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- March 1: Sunday School II for adults. 10:45 am-noon
- March 1: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- March 1: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- March 1: Sing ‘n Celebrate ~ Celebrating Testimonies, 7 pm