Please join us this Sunday in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Topic for November 9th: Let’s Check Our Vision – is it 20/20?
Scripture: “Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.” (Proverbs 29:18)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- November 9: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- November 9: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- November 9: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Anything and Everything!
The shelves are BARE!
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- Anything and Everything!
- November 9: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 174 sermons available. More information
- November 9: Registration continues for Christmas VBS. More information
- November 9: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 9: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- November 9: Common Ground Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 9: Sunday School Classes. More information
- November 9: New Directions Sunday School Class, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 9: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- November 9: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- November 9: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 9: Ruth Circle is sponsoring a Family Holiday Lunch/Craft Festival. This will be in Fellowship Hall. Lunch will start at 11am. The fee for the lunch is $7.50 per adult and $5.00 for children 10 and under. We will have a family price of $25.00. All crafts will be $15.00 or less. All proceeds will go for food in our area. The Old Dominion Cloggers will perform at our lunch. Please plan to come and enjoy this family event and contribute to feeding those in need in our community Feel free to send any questions to email@example.com, 1-4:30pm
- November 9: Holiday Decorating Party at ReGift Thrift, 1-4:30pm
- November 9: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 9: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 9: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- November 9: Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. Register for this orchestra.
- November 9: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information