Please join us today, the first Sunday in Advent, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon: It’s Not Your Birthday
Scripture: Matthew 1:18-25
Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son
18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
Directions to Pender
- November 30: The First Sunday of Advent
- November 30: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- November 30: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- November 30: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Fresh Produce
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- November 30: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 180 sermons available. More information
- November 30: LAST Day to register for Christmas VBS. . More information
- November 30: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 30: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- November 30: Common Ground Service, 8:15 am. More information
- November 30: Sunday School Classes. More information
- November 30: New Directions Sunday School Class, “All In” by Mark Batterson. The following is a brief synopsis regarding the study – “Nothing belongs to you — not even you! Discover the radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King of your life!” New members are always welcome!! We meet in Room 206 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- November 30: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) (in the Genesis to Revelation Sunday School Class in Room 218-220) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- November 30: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- November 30: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- November 30: Celebration Ringers, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 30: Youth Handbell Ensemble, 5:00-5:45 pm. Register for this choir
- November 30: Youth Choir, 5:45-6:30 pm. Register for this choir
- November 30: Youth Orchestra, 4:15-5:00 pm. Register for this orchestra.
- November 30: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information