Please join us today Sunday, June 7, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series: STORIES
June 7 – The Children’s Musical, The Sailor’s Bible, will be presented by the Asbury and Wesley Choirs of Pender UMC.
This new children’s musical includes three Bible stories: Noah and the Great Flood, Jonah and the Great Fish, and Paul’s Shipwreck. Each story features the ocean as a symbol for the chaos of life and shows how only the power of God is greater than the natural forces of wind and wave.
It’s all done with a childlike playfulness full of humor and songs rich with catchy melodies.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
- June 7: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- June 7: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- June 7: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Juice, Canned Fruit, Yellow Rice, Syrup, Condiments, Breakfast Foods (Pancake Mix, Cereal)
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
- Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- June 7: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 218 sermons available. More information
- June 7-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers. Music Camp will run from July 6-10, 2015 in the afternoon.
- June 7: Philippi, West Virginia mission trip permissions forms. More information
- June 7: UMCOR Health Kits due today
- June 7: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- June 7: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- June 7: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- June 7: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- June 7: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- June 7: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- June 7: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- June 7: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- June 7: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- June 7: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information
- June 7: Sing ‘n Celebrate, 6:30 pm. More information