There have been several incidents recently in which non-Pender people have been found in the building when they shouldn’t have been. The Trustees want to remind everyone of the following regarding church safety & security:
User Organizations have the responsibility to ensure that their events are safe for everyone. As such, the following rules apply:
- The Church Buildings shall be kept locked at all times except Sunday mornings.
- Card keys are available to church members who have a need to access the building during times when it is locked. A request form must be filled out and turned in along with a $5 refundable deposit in order to receive a key
- For events at times when the building is locked, the User Organization shall appoint greeters to be stationed at the door(s) to let people in and to direct them to the event. At NO time shall the doors shall not be left open/unlocked
- The User Organization will ensure that all members of their Group are contained within the agreed upon area for their event, and that members do not visit other parts of the Church.
- The User Organization may open internal doors and windows for additional ventilation but must close and secure all doors and windows upon completion of their event.
- The User Organization must ensure all lights are turned off in the areas they have used and that all external doors are locked when they depart.