Please join us this Sunday, May 17, in worship at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11:00 Services.
Sermon Series: STORIES
May 17 – HIS Story – Acts 4:1-20
Stories always engage and captivate. They have a power all their own. Jesus’ story really carries a punch. When told, it is so unbelievable that it makes you want to believe. It causes you to believe. It makes you into a believer. Let’s learn from Peter and John and tell the story.
“But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.” (Acts 4:19-20)
For more information about our upcoming sermons, click here.
Listen to past sermons in the Pender Podcast.
Directions to Pender
Also on Sunday:
- May 17: Pender UMC Calendar Events
- May 17: This Week at Pender email newsletter
- May 17: Items of the week needed for Western Fairfax Christian Ministries to distribute to the needy in our area:
- Canned Meats & Boxed Meals
- 46 oz. bottles of oil, fruit juices, plastic bags and egg cartons are always needed and welcome too!
Donations can be left in the blue grocery cart in the coat rack section.
- May 17: The Pender Podcast is available in the iTunes Podcast series. There is no charge to subscribe or listen to past sermons. There are currently 214 sermons available. More information
- May 17-31: Online VBS Registration. VBS will run from July 6-10, 2015. Some grades are already full so act quickly to assure a spot.
- May 17-July 3: Music Camp Registration is open until we reach 60 campers.
- May 17: Traditional Service, 8:15 am. More information
- May 17: Time Out for Parents, 9:15-10:30 am
- May 17: Common Ground Service, 9:30 am. More information
- May 17: Sunday School Classes. 9:30 am More information
- May 17: New Directions Sunday School Class. Mark Batterson’s book entitled “The Circle Maker – Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears”. We meet in Rooms 218-220 at 9:30 AM. If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson If any questions, feel free to contact Carol Wilson by email or at (703) 815-1744.
- May 17: Sunday School Class: The Truth Project (began September 21) This Focus on the Family’s DVD series, with 26 one-half hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett, is the starting point for looking at life from a Biblical perspective. lesson discusses the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
- May 17: Sunday School Class: The Good and Beautiful God (began September 21) (Room 205 – Library) A new Sunday School course immediately after the 9:30 am worship service led by Brian and Angie Green will be reading and discussing this book. To sign up or find out more information, please sign up on the Connection Card in the bulletin on Sunday.
- May 17: Sunday School II for adults. New Study: The Good and Beautiful Community 10:45 am-noon
- May 17: Traditional Service, 11:00 am. More information
- May 17: Youth Confirmation Classes, 2:00 pm
- May 17: Turning Point Youth Group, 6:30 pm, with dinner. More information